Thursday, April 17, 2008

Poster

If you are a good observer, you should be able to notice this poster around the corner of some coffee shops or cake houses. I wonder how you think about the design?

I know the poster designer in personal.

Frankly speaking, when I first saw the poster design, I indeed felt it was too common for a good designer like him. Basically, UFO is a legendary dessert in Sandakan, and has been well-know for over 50years in the neighborhood, so the design should exhibit reminiscence yet classical look rather than using vivid color like red and yellow. What was that? Tell you the truth, the first thing came to my mind was Sarawak State flag,



No kidding. Don’t you think there is some similarity?

I was a bit disappointed with the design, …….until it has been printed out.

I have to admit that Melvin, the designer has some artistic sense that people like me cannot understand at first glance.

Red, yellow, Black and red used to be the most traditional colors, has already imply the hidden meaning of ancientry and all time favorite food. The striking color can really catch the attention of people when stick on wall either at newly design cake houses or archaic coffee shop. The radian lines neutralize the out-dated feeling for the whole presentation. What a fabulous idea he got there!

For those who are interested in this macho, handsome and artistic minded guy, feel free to visit his website or blog at http://www.melvinho.com/blog/

Don’t play play. Cheers!


No comments: